- 2019 Archive Events
- 2018 Archive Events
- 2017 Archive Events
- 2016 Archive Events
- 2015 Archive Events
- 2014 Archive Events
1 July 2019 at
Holiday Inn, Junc 28 M1
This event is aimed primarily at Audit Committee and Quality Committee members, although open to all officers who attend these committees.
This event will focus on the relationship between the Quality Committee and the Audit Committee, examining their different functions in relation to receiving and providing assurance around quality.
Liz Libiszewski (NED and QC Chair/AC Member at ULHT and LCHS) will open the day with an examination of the differing roles of the Audit Committee and the Quality Committee in relation to quality and quality governance
Dr Kieran Mullan, Clinical Lead for Outcomes Publication, HQIP (Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership) will provide an overview of HQIP/NCAPOP, how submitted data is used nationally and how it can be best used locally, including HQIP’s data sharing project National Clinical Audit Benchmarking https://ncab.hqip.org.uk/.
There will also be presentations on:
- Setting clear organisational objectives in relation to quality and the governance required to achieve them;
- The role of auditors and the support they can offer, including an examination of the role of the Audit Committee and its relationship with other Board/Governing Body Committees, with practical examples from across the 360 Assurance/Audit Yorkshire client base;
- An examination of the expectations of the regulators (CQC (inc Well-Led with NHSI) and NHSE).
Thus touching on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines of defence against materialisation of risks.
The event will also include a panel discussion involving external speakers and NED/Lay Member and Executive representatives from client organisations. Attendees will be invited to submit questions for the panel beforehand as well as on the day. Panel members include Dr Julie Hankin, Medical Director, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS FT and Lynn Andrews, Chief Nurse, Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS FT
We will be providing further information about the event using the Twitter hashtag #NHSQualityAssurance and you can tweet any thoughts, comments or questions for the panelists using this hashtag.
2 April 2019 at
The Effective Audit Committee
This event focuses on Audit Committee effectiveness and is an excellent opportunity to hear from speakers about hot topics within the NHS and to network with like minded colleagues. The event is being held on 2 April @ The Derbyshire Hotel near Mansfield.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Lisa Robertson - Policy and Research Manager, HFMA - The new STP System Governance
- Michael Newbury - Director (Financial Audit), National Audit Office - ‘The Health and Social Care Interface’ report
- John Bullivant, Chair of Advisory Committee, Good Governance Institute - ‘Assessing Audit Committee effectiveness’ (workshop)
We will also be presenting the output of some current work reviewing the alignment of Audit Committee Terms of Reference and Audit Committee Annual Reports and the translation of these into the Annual Governance Statement.
To book a place, please email Kirstie.email@example.com
Due to the geography of our combined clients we are running the event in two locations on two dates. The first event was held on 4 March @ The Principal Hotel in York. Feedback received was that it was an interesting and thought provoking day with great networking opportunities.